Skip to main content

Continuing Turkish Language Learning

 Hello, it's been a while since I wrote. I have been studying Turkish for the past year on my own using duolingo app every day. I am also at a year of consecutive days of lessons. I have also been taking online classes with a Turkish teacher and one other student. Her husband is also Turkish. We have been learning vocabulary and grammar, and we have had classes every Saturday. Recently, we stopped classes for a bit because our Turkish teacher just had a baby! Exciting news: my husband and I will travel to Turkey this August. I will stay two weeks and he will stay almost a month. I am excited to see Istanbul and visit the beaches of Muğla. We will stay with his mother and brother in Istanbul and then we will stay along the coast maybe in a hotel for a week. Wish me good luck with my Turkish learning! Iyi şanslar! 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day/ primer día/ היום הראשון/ il primo giorno/ prvi dan први дан/ primeiro dia/ ilk gün

Dear friends, As you may have gathered, this is my first day with Always Learning Languages. I am writing my first post as we speak. In case you are wondering about the title, "first day" is written in different world languages in the chronological order in which I first began to learn or study each language. For everyday life, I am focusing on my big five languages: native speaker in English, daily fluent in Spanish, pretending in Portuguese, everyday beginner in Turkish, and distant lover of Serbo-Croatian. As a child, I studied biblical Hebrew for my bat mitzvah and again for one semester in college. Italian poetry was my favorite to read and to translate in comparative literature class. I loved the musical rhythms and vivid imagery, especially of Cesare Pavese. I don't speak Italian, but I would like to learn. Today, I work in a multilingual public school with high school students from all over the world. My students and their families come to the United State...

Biraz Turkçe Biliyorum - Starting Turkish School

Merhaba, arkadaşlarım. Hello, my friends. It has been awhile since I last wrote. Recently, I began taking classes at a local Turkish Sunday school. All of the families bring their children for culture and language classes. We share a breakfast and smalltalk before lessons begin. I am in the adult beginner class. My three classmates, all men, have Turkish wives and children so they are hoping to improve their language skills. I also hope to learn more vocabulary and grammar through a structured class. So far so good. I will keep learning. Saygılarımla / Sincerely yours, Lena